Since it’s getting onto winter here in the southern hemisphere, we’ve got some snacks and drinks that will make your game nights warm, cozy and comfy, like a good winter’s night should be.
Chewy Choc Chip Cookies
- 200g/7 ounces butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- Baking trays
- Baking/parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Line a baking sheet with baking/parchment paper.
- Make sure your butter is room temperature and soft
- Cream together the butter and sugars.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, and then the vanilla essence
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt
- Lastly, mix through the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls and place onto the baking sheet, making sure to leave around 2cm/1 inch space between them all.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
You can always freeze the dough, and keep it for a later date!
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 cups whole fat milk
- 200g/7 ounces dark/semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Whipped cream and cocoa powder for serving
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan, and turn the heat down to a low simmer.
- Add in the cocoa powder and whisk it until no lumps remain.
- Pour in the milk and bring it back to a simmer.
- Add in the chocolate and sugar, and whisk continually until all the chocolate has melted, approx 5 minutes or so.
- Pour into mugs, and top with some whipped cream and more cocoa powder.
Makes around 4 or 5 mugs’ worth.
If you like these recipes, have a go at making them, and let us know how it turns out!
If you’ve missed any of the previous recipes, find them HERE.