Sometimes you just need some good old comfort food. When that feeling strikes, you know that we’re here to help… and to enable you. Go on, eat that extra piece. You deserve it.
- 8 pieces of chicken (thighs, breasts, drumsticks)
- 500ml/1 pint of buttermilk
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Deep Fryer, or heat up some oil in a saucepan
- Put the chicken into a bowl and cover with the buttermilk.
- Chill the chicken in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but you can keep it there overnight.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and spices.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk and dip into the flour mixture.
- Make sure it is well coated with the flour and spices.
- Deep fry the chicken for around 30 minutes.
- 1 ¾ cup of of white sugar
- 250g/9 ounces of butter
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup self raising flour (or 1 cup flour and 1 teaspoon baking powder)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Baking tin (approx 30cmx20cm/12”x8”)
- Baking/parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Line a baking tin with baking/parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and mix in the sugar, making sure the sugar has completed melted into the butter.
- Beat in the eggs, and then add in the rest of the ingredients and mix through.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
If you like these recipes, have a go at making them, and let us know how it turns out!
If you’ve missed any of the previous recipes, find them HERE.