It should come as no surprise that we nerds can be a bit lazy from time to time. There’s a grain of truth in every stereotype after all. But as lazy as we are, we still want tasty food, and that’s what this week is all about: easy, lazy recipes that are still tasty. So the next time you got a game night, but you don’t want to spend too much time cooking, this one is for you.
Lazy Pie Dough
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- or 2 cups of flour and 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of oil
- 3 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- Just a bowl
- Mix the milk, oil and eggs together
- Add in the flour and mix thoroughly
- Pour over your pie-mixture and bake at 180C/350F for 30 minutes or until golden brown
This pie dough can go onto any type of pie mixture, but a good rule of thumb for it is that the firmer the mixture and less soup it is, the better this will work.
No Bake Cheesecake
- 200g/7 ounces of biscuit/cookie crumbs
- 100g/3.5 ounces melted butter
- 1 ¼ cups of cream
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- 600g/1.3lb cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Round baking pan (approx 23cm/8”)
- Mix together the butter and biscuit/cookie crumbs
- Press the buttery crumbs onto the bottom and sides of the pan, making sure it’s tightly packed
- Leave it in the fridge until after you’ve made the cream filling
- Mix together the cream cheese, sugar until nice and smooth
- Add in the sour cream and vanilla and mix well
- Whip the cream until it form stiff peaks and then gently fold it in the sour cream mixture.
- Pour into the crumbed pan, smooth out the top and then put it in the fridge for at least 6 hours, but preferably overnight
You can add any sort of flavouring that you want to this recipe: cocoa powder to the filling, fruit jelly on top, chocolate sauce swirls throughout. You can make the cheesecake just the way you like it.
If you like these recipes, have a go at making them, and let us know how it turns out!
If you’ve missed any of the previous recipes, find them HERE.
And get your hands on our newest game, Enforcer, launched just this week, by clicking on the banner below.