When it comes to cooking, I can be a lazy man; and when you got a game night coming up with a lot of hungry mouths to feed, you could feel pretty lazy too. That’s why I got the lazy-man’s guide to mac ‘n’ cheese and chocolate cake here for you. Make wholesome food and do it the easy way.
One-Pot Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- 4 cups of milk
- 3 cups of macaroni
- 4 cups of grated cheese
- 100g of cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stove top/hob
- Put the milk and macaroni into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer it (and keep stirring) until the macaroni is tender and the milk has reduced and thickened to a cream-like consistency. Will take around 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the grated cheese and cream cheese.
- Stir the cheese through to let it melt, and season with salt and pepper.
The mac ‘n’ cheese will thicken as it cools so thin it out with some hot or boiling water if needed.
One-Bowl Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 cup hot water
- Baking tin (approx 33cmx22cm/13”x9”)
- Baking/parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Line a baking tin with baking/parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt together.
- Add in the buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the hot water and mix through.
- Pour into the baking tin and bake for around 30 minutes, or until a skewer stuck into the centre comes out clean.
Get some ready-make chocolate frosting to top it with, or serve with custard and whipped cream.
If you like these recipes, have a go at making them, and let us know how it turns out!
If you’ve missed any of the previous recipes, find them HERE.