What’s better than having a night with your friends, enjoying each other’s company, and immersing yourself in a fantastical adventure? Doing so with some good comfort food. This time we’ll show you how to make a good and filling meal in the bacon & egg slice, and a tasty desert with my mum’s apple tart recipe.
Bacon & Egg Slice
- 2 sheets Pre-rolled savoury short pastry
- ½ cup Tomato ketchup
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup cream/milk
- Enough streaky bacon
- Baking tin (approx 30cm x 22cm/12” x 8”)
- Baking/parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F.
- Line a baking sheet with baking/parchment paper.
- Line the bottom and sides of the baking tin with the pastry
- Spread the tomato ketchup over the pastry, and lay the bacon rashers over that
- Thoroughly mix together the cream/milk and eggs and pour on top of the bacon
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and the egg mixture is set
Mum’s Apple Tart
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup flour + 1 teaspoon baking powder (or just 1 cup self raising flour)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 can of sliced apples
- Baking dish (approx round 22cm/10”)
- Electric mixer
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F
- Cream together the sugar and butter (mix them together until they turn light, pale and airy)
- Add in the eggs, one at a time while continuing to mix
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix well
- Drain the apples of any juice and pour the apple slices into the mixture, and gently fold them in
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until you can stick a knife into the centre and it comes out clean
If you like these recipes, have a go at making them, and let us know how it turns out!
If you’ve missed any of the previous recipes, find them HERE.