Just because you are playing a grown-up game of pretend, doesn’t mean you can’t look classy doing it. For this week’s recipes, we’ll give you everything you need to make an east-west fusion high tea, so you can be classy, international, and most importantly: well fed.
- 2 cups of self raising flour (or 2 cups flour and 2 teaspoons baking powder)
- 100g/3.5 ounces of butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ⅔ cup of milk
- Baking tin
- Baking/parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/395F.
- Line a baking tin with baking/parchment paper.
- Keep the butter cold and cut into small cubes
- Mix the sugar and flour together and rub the butter into the flour
- Mix in the milk bit by bit form the dough
- Roll the dough out flat and cut out the scones with a cookie cutter
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown
Best served with whipped cream and a selection of jams.
- 4 cups of brewed black tea (cooled)
- 1 cup of black tapioca pearls
- 4 cups of brown sugar
- 1 cup of crushed ice
- 1 cup of milk
- Stove top/hob
- Bring water to a rolling boil in a saucepan, and add in the tapioca pearls
- Boil them for around 20 minutes, or until they are soft, stirring occasionally to avoid them sticking
- Drain the tapioca and put in a bowl with the brown sugar, and 2 cups of warm water
- Drain the tapioca, but keep the syrup
- Divide the pearls and ice between 4 glasses, add in a cup of tea each, a few tablespoons of syrup and then milk to taste
If you like these recipes, have a go at making them, and let us know how it turns out!
If you’ve missed any of the previous recipes, find them HERE.
And get your hands on our newest game, Enforcer, launched just this week, by clicking on the banner below.